Aims of Primary Education
The vision of education can be expressed in the form of three general aims:
- To enable the child to live a full life and to realise his/her potential as a unique individual;
- To enable the child to develop as a social being through living and co-operating with others and so play an active role as members of a democratic society;
- To prepare the child for further education and life-long learning.
Main Aims of Our School
- To encourage a sound personal, emotional, healthy, moral and religious development;
- To help each child to be independent, tolerant, kind and co-operative;
- To encourage a good command and love for language;
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical concepts and operations;
- To cultivate observational skills through study of the local environment;
- To develop a knowledge and appreciation of our heritage through the study of history, geography and civics;
- To foster skills of handwriting, crafts, music;
- To encourage an enjoyment of physical activities, dance, drama, music, mime and recreational skills;
- To continuously evaluate and assess the above;
- To encourage each child to treat others with respect and concern.